« Home | The Untold Facts On Weight Loss Diets » | Which Diets Are The Best? » | Tips to Successful Weight Loss » | Boost Your Afternoon Energy & Lose Weight » | Healthy Weight Loss Program Inspiration » | Flatten Your Abs and Get Rid of That Gut » | Turbulence Training Review » | The Number One Secret to Weight Loss » | Simple Weight Loss Tips » | Booty Sculpting With Bodyweight Moves » 

Thursday, May 15, 2008 

Is Elliptical Exercise Machine Effective?

I was at a conference in Seattle a couple of weeks ago. During the lunch break, I ran into a M.D. from California in the hallway. He said "Hi Matt, you don't know me from Adam but I read your article about the disappointing results from those elliptical exercise machines and it was like a dam bursting in my mind."

I wrote an article that I believed these stationary exercise machines were a huge waste of money and time for anyone trying to lose fat, keep in shape or get that lean and toned body.

I concluded, that you were better off doing a body weight exercise program...

As it turned out, he followed a program that I recommended in that article which empasizes on body weight workouts which probably explains why he was so happy with the results.

He said, "I have been using a cross trainer machine for years and just realized my body never got toned or lean. When I read your article about your belief that there was a much better way to train your body, I was open to trying new ideas such as body weight workouts instead of cardio machines.

After he was finished, I said, "you know, I have never heard of ANYONE getting the body they want on the elliptical exercise machines. Although you always see these folks in great shape using the walker or stationary bike at the health club but they didn't get the lean and cut look from those machines.

No way, Jose. They also used resistance exercises.

Some of you are not going to like what I just said about using these exercise machines but the truth of the matter is they don't work as well as the interval training exercises.

And the best part of doing body weight interval exercises is that even when you are traveling, you can always do fat loss exercise routines in your hotel room.

Matt Taylor is a recognized authority on the subject of health fat-loss and fitness. His web site at http://www.healthy-weight-loss-fitness-program.com/turbulence-training-weight-loss-programs.html provides a wealth of informative articles, fat-loss book review and resources on everything you'll ever need to know about Turbulence Training Program